There have been occasions that this conversation has come up with my husband… What would we seriously do if we had a stupid amount of money? Honestly, we talk about it regularly. In some ways I feel like it is a strange conversation to have, but it shows our dreams and aspirations. We have interesting conversations such as:
- Would you continue to work? Would you work at the same places? How much notice would you give your work if you were to leave?
- Would we move? If so, where would we move? Why?
- Who would we give money to? Are there people we would be willing to just give money to? Who do we know that we feel is responsible enough to be just given money? What gifts would we give?
- How do you budget? Do you budget?
- How would our daily life change?
- And most importantly how would we spread our blessing? Who would we donate to?
Seriously, these hypothetical questions have brought us closer. It’s hard to talk about crazy dream goals sometimes when you feel like it could be unattainable. These conversations have made me realize what a caring, responsible man my husband is… What love he has for his family, the community, and God.
I challenge others to have this conversation with their significant others… you definitely don’t have to play the lottery to have it. What would you do if you could live without any monetary restrictions?